segunda-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2012

DAS ORIGENS - II


"RED - There is a harsh truth to face.  No way I'm gonna make it on the outside.

All I do anymore is think of ways to break my parole.
Terrible thing, to live in fear.
Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.

Only one thing stops me. A promise I made to Andy.

(...)
    ANDY - Dear Red. If you're reading this, you've gotten out. And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further. You remember the name of the town, don't you? I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready.
Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will
be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.

Your friend. Andy.

(...)

RED - Get busy living or get busy dying. That is goddamn right!

 For the second time in my life, I am guilty of committing a crime.

Parole violation. I doubt they'll toss up any roadblocks for that. Not for an old crook like me.

I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it is the excitement
only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain...
I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope."

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário